Thursday, October 13, 2011

H’ween to do list


It seems like it takes forever for h’ween season to get here and then like the best candy in the bowl – poof – it’s gone. Since we’ve only got 2 weeks and change left, I thought I’d get all organizized and make a list of all the stuff I’ve yet to squeeze in.
-Decorate house (yes, i’m that off-schedule). Also: find the mostly destroyed Hallmark haunted house you see below that my family put on the coffee table and inspired my life of creepitude.

-Shop Target. I went early but seemed to have screwed the pooch. In other words, Target was a tad late this year. I went on Sep 13 for the Missoni madness and there was not a single fang in place.
-Get pumpkins and place on mantle where they will slowly rot for a year.
-Watch waaayyy too many horror movies. Bad ones, good ones, and the ever-more elusive ones I haven’t seen before.   
-Have trick-or-treat candy and booze pairing party. Inspired by a chance combination of Maker’s Mark and $100 Grand bars. Who knew?
-Cook a pumpkin or squash-like substance, even if I don’t eat it.
-Go to Belvedere St. here in SF on h’ween.
-Complete my and the Man’s costumes to kick-assedness.
-Scour the neighborhoods for good house haunts. There’s an especially elaborate one in Ashbury Heights. I love rich people who choose to spend their money correctly.
-Get a Chanel Vamp mani-pedi.
-Watch as many terrible, maudlin h’ween tv specials as possible.
-And, as always, foil the plans of that old sea captain at the abandoned shipyard.
I know I’m forgetting a crapload but this’ll do for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment